The typical smells of Christmas include cinnamon - among many other spices. And another favourite ingredient for christmas goodies are raisins. These Cookies combine cinnamon and raisins with the evergreen duo of vanilla and strawberry.
140 gram - all purpose flour
4 tbsp - sunflower oil
2 tbsp - honey
7 tbsp - low fat milk
1/2 tsp - vanilla extract/essence
1 tsp - cinnamom powder
3 tbsp - dried sweet strawberries
2 tbsp - raisins
1/2 tsp - bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
approx 1 tbsp powdered sugar to sprinkle on the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C and line the baking tray with a baking paper.
- Place the oil, honey milk and vanilla extract/essence in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, dried strawberries, raisins, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix lightly so that everything just comes together. Do not overmix.
- Scoop up 1 tbsp of the mixture and roll them into balls and place them on the lined baking tray keeping sufficient distance between each.
- Place the tray in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for approx 7- 8 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and then sprinkle some powdered sugar over the cookies