Here is the recipe of making Cottage Cheese (Paneer) at home.
3 cup - milk ( i generally use low fat milk)
2 tbsp - calcium lactate/ lemon juice
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add calcium lactate/ lemon juice and keep stirring till the milk curdles completely.
- Strain through a muslin cloth/fine sieve.Let some tap water run over the cheese (this will remove the lemon extract, if left)
- Squeeze the muslin cloth to remove the excess moisture and if using a sieve, then press the cheese with a spoon to squeeze out excess water.
- Follow the above steps 1 to 3 and then tie a tight knot on the cloth and let the water drain from the cheese completely. Then fold the muslin cloth around the cheese, give a rectangular shape. Place the cloth on a flat surface and put something heavy (around 4-5 kgs)on it and leave it for a couple of hrs. And then cut the block into cubes.