And since its christmas season, it has to be colourful and beautiful. And of course taste heavenly.
3/4 Cup - whole wheat flour
3/4 cup - oat flakes
5 tbsp - muscovado sugar
7 tbsp - sunflower oil
11 tbsp - buttermilk
1 tsp - baking powder
3/4 tsp - bicarbonate of soda
4 tsp - glace orange
1 tsp - orange rind
To decorate - 2 tbsp orange marmalade, to brush on the muffins and sweet coloured confetti to sprinkle on the muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and linea muffin tray with 7 paper cases.
- Place the sugar, oil and buttermilk in a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together oat flakes, flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, orange rind, glace' orange in an another bowl.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix lightly with a wooden/silicon spatula. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. (filling them 3/4th full)
- Place the tray in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for approx 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Brush the top of the muffins with the orange marmalade and sprinkle the sweet coloured confetti on them.
I like the glaze on the muffins...
and the confetti made them look really cute:)
and they tasted good too...
Enjoy and have a great weekend!