12-15 pieces - almonds, blanched
1 tbsp - white poppy seeds (khus-khus)
1 medium size - onion, chopped
1 - green chilli (adjust according to your taste)
1 inch piece - ginger
50 gram - paneer cubes
1/4 tsp - cinnamon powder, cardamom powder and clove powder
a generous pinch of sugar
a generous pinch of dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
salt to taste
1 tsp - sunflower oil/ clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 cup - low fat milk
1/4 cup - water
- Boil the poppy seeds in a very little water for 5 minutes. Remove the water and keep it aside.
- Combine blanched almonds, boiled poppy seeds, onions, green chilli and ginger and grind to a paste using very little water.
- Heat oil/ghee in a non stick pan, add the ground paste and fry for 5-6 minutes or until it emits a nice aroma.
- Add the milk, water, sugar and salt and continue to simmer on a low heat for 10-12 minutes or until the gravy is thick.
- Add the paneer cubes and kasuri methi and cook further for a minute.
- Serve hot. (Correct the consistency by adding a little milk if required)
"The way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is an often quoted proverb... and is so very true :)