The recipe is from here The recipe was for the bread machine but since i dont have one, i baked it in the oven. I made the bread eggless, used half wheat flour and half all purpose flour and also added a dash of cinnamon...
Priya, thank you for hosting such a wonderful event, I definitely learnt a few new things and we thouroughly enjoyed this sweet bread.
1 1/2 cup - whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup - all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup + 2tbsp - warm low fat milk
2 tbsp - melted butter
1/3 cup - castor sugar
3/4 tsp - salt
2 1/2 tsp - dried yeast
1 tsp - cinnamon
oil to grease
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and rub until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- In another bowl, add the milk and yeast and mix. Leave in a warm place until frothy (approx 10-15 minutes)
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour mixture and knead well.
- Place the dough in a well greased bowl and knead again for a minute. Cover with a cling film and leave it to rise in a warm place (approx 1 1/2- 2 hrs)
- Knead lightly on a floured surface, give a rectangular shape and place it in the greased loaf pan and cover with a cling film and leave it to rise again in a warm place. ( approx 1 hr)
- Place the loaf pan in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for abt 10-15 minutes or till the top is nicely browned or until a toothpick inserted through the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the loaf in the pan for a couple of minutes and brush the top with a little melted butter. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.
The bread was sweet and soft with a lovely cinnamon flavour...
Went really well with a cup of tea...