Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Coriander Chutney

As I mentioned in one of my post, coriander and mint are a hard-to-top combination. I generally have either a coriander chutney or a coriander mint chutney in my refrigerator - it is a very handy recipe either as a dip with snacks, or as a add-on to a wide variety of sauces and curries, or even as a condiment with rice or bread.

The chutney can be kept frozen for a couple of weeks (without the lemon juice and salt - and add the salt and lemon juice after defrosting). I do it in normal ice trays, giving small handy blocks - and I can defrost as many as I need. So you can easily make a larger portion and you are fixed and ever-ready for the next couple of weeks!


Ingredients 

1 cup - coriander leaves, chopped
(optionally add 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped)
2 - green chillies, chopped (adjust according to your taste)
2 inch piece - ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 tsp - cumin seeds
1 tsp - lemon juice
salt to taste

Method 
  1. Put all the ingredients in a grinder and make a paste using as little water as possible.

Enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. Chutney looks delectable. Now what the chutney needs is some soft idli(s) to sop it all up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur pic as usual...was reading this post when ur sprinkle popped in...thanx and would love for u to have 'em all....

    We love dips and indian chutneys too and i make something similiar but tangier ....love ur green hued one....
    cheers and happy day sweets.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this green chutney, i do this often and prepare as a spread over toasted bread and serve along with any sort of filling...i do the same too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice green colored chutney..I love the addition of cumin to this chutney:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachana,


    nice coriander chutney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color for chutney.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice click...I too love this chutney...I make a different version of this for idlis and dosas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also make the same chutney. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chutney looks great! Great presentation as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This tastes awesome in bhel..love the taste..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely color...I love to have it with bread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even I do make this chutney but without ginger.This version also i will try

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of my all-time favorites. Love that green! Clever idea to freeze in cubes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love coriander chutney or mint chutney with my samosas. I make this the same away without the cumin seeds. Cumin seeds must have made it even more flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy yummy nice click! thanks for sending it to my event.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails