The white chocolate was especially for my hubby, and the dark especially for me - even though in the end, both of us enjoyed both the white and dark chocolates immensely. Which of course was evident by the fact that the cookies were gone in record time and there was the usual argument as to who ate more :-)
So hope you like them as much as we did!
1 cup - whole wheat flour
4 tbsp - low fat milk
4 tbsp - buttermilk
4 1/2 tbsp - muscovado sugar (more or less)
5 tbsp - sunflower oil
2 tsp - cocoa powder
1/2 tsp - baking powder
50 grams - dark chocolate, rougly chopped
50 grams - white chocolate, roughly chopped
a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C and line a baking tray.
- Place together the flour, white chocolate, dark chocolate, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, buttermilk, sugar and oil.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the liquid mixture. Do not overmix.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Scoop up 1 tbsp of the mixture and shape into balls. Place them on the lined tray, spread well apart, and flatten them slightly.
- Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for approx 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool in the baking tray for 2-3 minutes, then transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!