Isn't it cute? :-)
This drink was made one such warm sunny day last week and was indeed quite refreshing. A perfect way to beat the heat.
The mint and almond combination in a drink is unique in it's own way and the taste is great. Thanks to my mom for this recipe - moms are the best cooks, aren't they?
1/2 cup - mint leaves, chopped
1/8 cup - almonds
3 pieces - cloves
3 pieces - cardamom
1 1/2 tbsp - sugar (adjust according to your taste)
1 1/2 cup - water + a little to soak
almond slivers to garnish
- Soak together the almonds, cloves and cardamom for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the water.
- Grind together the almonds, cloves, cardamom, mint leaves and sugar using some water.
- Sieve/press through a muslin cloth and extract all the liquid and keep aside. Reserve the residue.
- Put the residue back into the mixer and grind again using little water and sieve again.
- Put the drink in the refrigerator to chill.
- Garnish the drink with the almond slivers and serve.