Friday, November 11, 2011

Avocado Chocolate Pudding

It's been ages since I made some pudding, and have had a rising desire for pudding for some days now. But the winter is coming - which generally means much more rich food and therefore, the recipe that I am gonna share with you is relatively healthy, and at the same time very simple to make and delicious and of course chocolatey.

So, it fit perfectly last weekend, as I was thinking about making something new, while my hubby was net-surfing - he stumbled upon this website, where he saw this recipe and he shouted from the study, "Hey! I found a very healthy-chocolate pudding recipe online. I think, it's something for you."



I was busy in my thoughts, and did not really pay attention to what he was saying, partly also because of the loud music on Radio (I always have music on when I am cooking). He shouted again, and when he did not get any response from me, he came to the kitchen, and said, "I have been calling you, but forget it, do we have avocado at home?" "Yes, we do, but why?" I said. He dissappeared for a minute, and came back with a print out and said with a grin on his face, "Today's dessert". How could I refuse making this recipe, especially when my dearest so expectantly gave me the recipe.


Of course, we had this dessert that day, with a few teeny-weeny changes from my side. This is the link, where he found that recipe, and, here is how I made it.


Ingredients
 

1 - ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
2 tbsp - butter unsalted
3 tbsp - cocoa powder
3 tbsp - honey (adjust according to your taste)
1 tbsp - walnuts, very finely crushed + to garnish
a generous pinch of cinnamon powder
a pinch of salt
1/4 cup - coconut milk (more or less) (you may also use almond milk)

Method
  1.  Put the avocado and butter in a bowl and mash together with a fork until smooth.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix vigorously until everything is mixed and smooth.
  3. Garnish with the crushed walnuts and serve. (if the pudding ends up too thick, correct the consistency by adding a little more coconut milk to it)

Have a lovely weekend!

28 comments:

  1. This truly delicious.
    I leave here another variation to try ...
    http://vegetarian-gustos-si-sanatos.blogspot.com/2011/07/mousse-de-avocado-pentru-vegani-mousse.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolaty,pudding looks divine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so delicious and healthy..I can have this entire bowl..

    Muskaan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolicious!! It's surely making my mouth water... Have a wonderful weekend Rachana:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pudding! So chocolate-y and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so nice and easy, and no cooking! Yum!

    ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very delicious and tempting recipe.. looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very tempting! For sweet punch event we also had a pudding to try and it is also relatively healthy.. love the avocado n chocolaty combo here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a delicious delight. looks so shiny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. chocolate pudding looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Came through Arti. What a yummy dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super yummy dessert...Lovely clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  13. It happened 2 me once too..hubby searched d web n handed over me a recipe which I could not deny preparing....lovely smooth delicious pudding

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so tempting and delicious. Nice dish.
    Uma@Trendy Relish

    ReplyDelete
  15. mouth-watering dessert looks o creamy and smooth:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Innovative and unique recipe. Looks yummy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unique and a tasty combo one would crave for rachana.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the gooey texture, what a healthy way to indulge!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super tempting pudding,irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  20. I bet none will find out avocado in this sweet. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely way of incorporating Avacado in a dessert..looks so divine:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. innovative idea... wat an idea sirji!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yummy-love using avocados in new ways!! Great post, Rachana-the pudding looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I added a tble spoon of nuttella to one avocado and mashed it. Truly easy and yum.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails