Monday, November 21, 2011

Tiny Pineapple Wonders!

Early to bed, early to rise, makes one healthy, wealthy and wise. Learnt this classic piece of human wisdom when I was in Kindergarten. However, applying it to daily life is another matter altogether. For both my hubby and me, it's the opposite case. We both are not morning people.


Many a times, whilst reading, or surfing the net or in my case also following what you guys have been up to, we have these sudden hunger pangs and cravings to eat something. My hubby generally settles for something junk, while I prefer having a cup of warm milk with biscuits (I am a milkaddict). But, this weekend, on saturday midnight, my dearest really wanted to have something sweet and we were, a rare exception, out of chocolates. So, in the middle of the night, I baked these tiny wonders, obviously he was more than happy to help me.


I adapted my recipe Bournvita Bundt Cakes  a bit and came up with these cute looking things. Pineapple and coconut were a beautiful combination. And it just took just around 6-7 mins of baking time.


We had a little mid-night tea party, and there was a very happy face sitting beside me and seeing him happy, I was the happiest :-)

Ingredients

2 tbsp heaped - whole wheat flour (aata)
1 tbsp heaped - pineapples, finely chopped (one slice from the can)
1/8 tsp - baking powder
2 tbsp - honey
2 tbsp - sunflower oil
2 tbsp - coconut milk
2 tbsp - dessicated coconut
a pinch of salt

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. 
  2. In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix together the pineapple pieces with the rest of the ingredients. 
  3. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix lightly. 
  4. Spoon the batter into the paper moulds and put them on a baking tray.
  5. Place the tray in the center of the preheated oven and bake for around 6-7 minutes. Serve. 

Enjoy!

40 comments:

  1. I am totally with you when you say midnight tea party..lol..both hubs n I are the same way :D

    Those tiny muffins look so darn cute!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm.. that looks so delicious!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, and I really like mini cupcakes, the smaller the cuter :-)!

    Ciao
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow... looks so beautiful.. delicious and perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is EXACTLY the kinda stuff we need in a jiffy at midnight!
    By the way, have you heard of this one:
    'Early to rise, Early to bed,
    Makes a man healthy, but socially dead'

    *wink*

    Nisha
    Spusht.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute and beautiful looking cupcakes. Wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  7. very tiny n yummy cupcakes...looks too good

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tiny and cute cup cakes. awesome rec ipe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute looking pineapple cups cakes my dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you on sweets gal, I say add some nutella on top :D
    It took 6 mins to make? That is awesome! muffins look as cute as a button :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow cute they look...nice flavourful wonders :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious looks perfect to munch on with tea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow delicious and cute cup cakes...loved ur presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  14. look so cute and handy, i can have dozen of this ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow they looks damn cute and quite inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh... I am craving for one of these little wonders too!!! Super Delightful Treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are pretty quick to make.. I wouldn't mind to have it at mid night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking very yummy
    plz get a dozen for me whenever u come here

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to try this soon//

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhh so cute and lovely cupcakes..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the flavor..looks so cute

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute cupcakes...pineapple and coconut complement each other.good one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow beautiful cup cakes,looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect to treat untime hunger.....looks yum....and cute too...i love that combo of pineapple and coconut....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those cute lil wonders ..... wow.. wish we cud get them with a wish list like ur H...

    How have u been Rachna... Its been ages... since I blog hopped...

    ReplyDelete
  26. These cupcakes look so cute and I like that they are made with whole wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am DEFINITELY a morning person but I would still love having these to wake up to! Like little bites of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful pics!!! those cuties luks adorable! yumm

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous n tiny muffins are so pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Though I am a diabetic, I feel this delicious little cakes would do me no harm. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. hey rachana...those cuties are mine..:-) from Joy of Cooking...Jagruti

    ReplyDelete
  32. yummy..This looks awesome..First time here..I am your new follower

    Do visit my blog sometime..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh my god!!!
    they are cho chweet!!!
    cutie lil cup cakes
    mind blowing
    lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. They look delicious!..beautifully baked as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  35. your pics are awesome and always tempting:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. yummy n sweet!!! very cute cup cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails