Monday, June 25, 2012

Chocolate Coconut Cinnamon Cookies

Whenever I am upset or in a foul mood, I eat chocolate and it makes me happy and when I am happy, I make a chocolate dish :-) It's something like a virtuous circle.


After a long wait and struggle and putting in a lot of effort, a problem I had been facing for some time now saw a ray of sunshine and it definitely makes me ecstatic. I wanted to share my joy with you all and baked these flavourful, scrumptious cookies. They are awfully easy to bake and taste simply great.


The smell that emanates from the oven, still wafting through the apartment, as I am writing with a big smile on my face now :-) Go and indulge in some happiness!

Ingredients

1/2 cup - all purpose flour (maida)
1/8 tsp - baking powder
a generous pinch of bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp - dessicated coconut
1/2 tbsp - dark cocoa powder
a generous pinch of cinnamon powder
handful of dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp - sugar
4 tbsp - sunflower oil
1/8 cup - low fat milk

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with a baking paper.
  2. Mix together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
  3. In another bowl, mix together the oil and milk.
  4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the liquid mixture. Do not overmix.
  5. Scoop up 1 tbsp of the mixture and shape into balls. Place them on the lined tray, spread well apart, and flatten them slightly.
  6. Place the tray in the center of the oven and bake for approx 12-13 minutes.
  7. Leave to cool in the baking tray for a couple of minutes minutes, then transfer the cookies to the wire rack to cool completely.

Enjoy!

30 comments:

  1. Yummy yum..wish I could grab one of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting combo of flavors.... delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and crunchy..my son will love them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of coconut in baking goodies, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm. I feel like baking these right now,,,:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy..bookmarking it..loved your cookies..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply scrumptious cookies, very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow irresistible and definitely an addictive cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really chocolate works as a therapy for me too :-) Scrumptious cookies and nice color

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the sound of it ! they look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious cookies Rachana. Love clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the combo,looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tu as raison, le chocolat rend heureux. Il faut en manger et faire des gâteaux au chocolat tout le temps.
    J'aime beaucoup ces cookies.
    Je t'en prends un avant de repartir.
    A bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  14. What gorgeous cookies. I'll wager they are delicious as well. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a delicious combination of ingredients! I can smell them already

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound and look so tempting. I've bookmarked your recipe to enjoy when my diet is over. I can't wait :-). Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very yummy flavorful combo, looks delicious:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look so delicious! I love the idea of adding cinnamon into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  19. il m'est difficile de refuser, ils sont à croquer!!
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy for you, dear Rachana :) and a perfect way to celebrate happiness.. Chocolates! I wish I could have a fistful, these are so divine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a wonderful collection of recipes here.

    Visit me at Meg's Delicious Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cookies must be super delicious with chocolate cinnamon and coconuts. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. cookies look perfect and delicious....loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rachana the cookies look yum..Glad to follow you do visit my space in ur free time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails