I am thinking of experimenting a lot with this green tea powder, will update here if I get something good.
500 grams - yogurt
150 ml - cream 30% fat
175 ml - sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp - matcha powder/ green tea powder
1 tbsp - dark cocoa powder
- Take a tray, put 2 layers of dish towels on the tray and put a wet muslin cloth on the top of the towels.
- Spread the yogurt on the wet muslin cloth and leave it for appx 15 mins.
- Remove the yogurt with the help of a spoon and a good nice thick hung yogurt is ready.
- Put the cream and condensed milk in a pan over a medium heat and let it heat up. As soon as tiny bubbles start to appear, remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool completely.
- Add the hung yogurt to the cool cream-condensed milk mixture and mix well. Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions.
- Add the matcha powder in one portion and the cocoa powder in to the other. Transfer to seperate plastic containers, cover and freeze till half set.
- Place the half set ice cream, one after the other, in the food processor and process. Transfer back to the plastic containers and freeze again till half set. Repeat one more time.
- After the third time let both the ice creams set completely.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving and enjoy.