Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back with Chocolate Paneer Tikka!

It feels so good to be back. I missed this dear space of mine, the lovely comments, my fellow bloggers and their recipes.

All this while, I didn't stop cooking, I was still trying out new stuff, my experiments in the kitchen was on. Today's recipe is a result of one of such experiments.




A few days ago, while working out in the gym , an idea struck me (I know, wrong timing but thats me...) I had a very clear picture of this dish in my mind. Immediately after the gym, I picked up all the ingredients required, from the local store and rushed home. I made the chocolate paneer, obviously I had no choice but to wait until the paneer was set. The rest of the recipe is fairly easy and fast. Once the paneer was set, I arranged everything exactly how I pictured it.


My hubby is a big paneer enthusiast. He was amazed by the idea loved this sweet tikka. Blueberry compote not only completes this dish but also enhances the taste of the tikka. 




Ingredients

For the chocolate Paneer

1/2 litre - milk 3.5% fat
1/2 tbsp - dark cocoa powder
3 1/2 tbsp - castor sugar
1/2 tbsp - calcium lactate

For the Blueberry Compote
1 3/4 cup - bluberries
1/2 cup - grape juice 
1 cinnamon quill
a generous pinch of clove powder

2 tbsp - muscovado sugar
4 tbsp - water

Rest of the ingredients
1 - kiwi, peeled and cut into cubes
6-7 small pieces of pineapple from the can

Method


  1. Add the cocoa powder and sugar to the milk and follow my recipe of "how to make paneer" Once the paneer is set. Keep the paneer block  in the fridge for half an hour and then cut into cubes.
  2. Place all the ingredients for the compote in a pan and cook on a medium heat, stirring occasionaly until the berries are soft. 
  3. Thread the paneer pieces onto the skewers along with the pineapple and kiwi pieces. 
  4. Spoon 1 tbsp of berry compote in shot glasses and serve the tikka. 

Serves- 6-7



Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. tis s awesome kids party snack.. too good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow chocolate paneer ...very nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious. Nice dish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me with your creative food ideas.. Hats off.. Good to see you back.. I was wondering where have u disappeared! I have not been blogging much recently.. Need to back as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are back with a bang, wat an incredible chocolate paneer tikka,mindblowing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww; incredible and beautifully done..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Rachana! It is so good to have you back, missed you lots! :):) Your recipe is innovative as always and tempting me to dig into it right away. What a delightful presentation, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks lovely & delicious...mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very innovative, lovely presentation! Loved the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of chocolate paneer, I am curious now!

    Ciao Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am in love with this unusual and fantastic dish..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails