As I promised in my last post, here is a strawberry recipe which makes a delicious dessert or an equally delicious breakfast.
I love strawberries in any form and anything that contains strawberries as well. A couple of times a year we go picking fresh strawberries - and then we practically eat, drink and sleep strawberries. Well, if the weather remains so, we should do it in the next couple of weeks or so, and then I should have more strawberry recipes for you.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Soma's (of ecurry) Crêpe recipe here.
1/2 cup - all purpose flour
1/8 tsp - salt
1/4 tsp - sugar
1/8 tsp - dried ginger powder (saunth)
1 tbsp - sunflower oil
1 tbsp - low fat yogurt
2/3 milk - low fat milk
For the filling
7-8 pieces - strawberries, sliced
1 tsp - strawberry marmalade
1/4 tsp - lemon rind
1 tsp - crystallised ginger, chopped
1 1/2 tsp - sugar (more or less)
1/3 cup - water
castor sugar to dust
caramelised lemon slice ( add 1 tsp sugar in a pan and let it melt, add the lemon slices and cook on both sides for half a minute per side.) (optional)
For the filling
- Add all the ingredients of the filling (except strawberries) in a pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the sliced strawberries and cook for half a minute and remove from the heat.
- Mix the flour, salt, ginger powder and sugar in a bowl and in an another bowl, mix together the yogurt, milk and oil.
- Add the liquid mix to the flour mixture and beat well until the batter is smooth.
- Cover the jar with a cling-film and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Heat a pan and grease it slightly. Pour approx 2 1/2 tbsp of the batter and swirl until the pan is evenly coated with the batter.
- Cook the crêpe on a medium heat until the bottom is slightly brown. Gently flip over and cook again for a minute.
- Transfer the crêpe on the plate. Fold and top or stuff the crêpes with the filling.
- Dust the castor sugar and serve immediately.
These crêpes were absolutely devoured by us and disappeared in minutes.
Sending this too Sizzling Summer Contest.
Enjoy and have a lovely weekend!